Edited by Benson John Lossing, LLD, Harper’s Encyclopedia of United States History includes special contributions covering every phase of American history and development by more than a dozen eminent authorities.
This collection of books is the complete encyclopedia record of American history as seen through the eyes of the early 20th Century American.
First published from 1901 through 1915, Harper’s Encyclopedia of United States History is illustrated with documents, portraits, maps, and plans, this remarkable series brings you more than 5,700 pages in 20 handsome volumes, including:
• A preface on the study of American History by Woodrow Wilson PhD, LLD, then president of Princeton University
• Sixteen illustrations in full color including maps portraying the development of the United States through the early 20th century
• Contributions by noted historians, scholars, statesmen and scientists
• Historical, political, religious, military and scientific essays
• Reproductions of documents, speeches, treaties, journals and proclamations
Collector quality books …
Bound in a 6” x 9” format and printed on acid-free paper, each volume in this handsome edition from The National Historical Society, a division of Weider History Group, is produced with fine bookmaking techniques such as: • Gold foil stamping on spine – true to the original • Blind embossing on each front cover • Smyth-sewn pages for greater durability • Head and foot bands • Linen covers • High quality book paper All volumes are 100% manufactured in the USA.
TRY VOLUME I, Part 1 – Discover all of the essential “A” entries for the historians of the early 20th century. Read Albert Bushnell Hart’s essay on “The American School of Historical Writers.” Enjoy all of the photographs, detailed wood cuts and engravings which handsomely illustrate this and each volume in the series. Volume 1, Part 1 also includes a color lithograph depicting the Evacuation of Boston and a full color map of the United States.
FREE SHIPPING on Volume I, Part 1 of Harper’s Encyclopedia of American History when ordered online. You'll receive subsequent volumes every 4-6 weeks. You may cancel your subscription at any time.
Price includes shipping & handling.